document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>"); As fiber Internet lines connect to local neighborhoods, at least one service provider contends the Lansing Board of Water & Light has stalled progress by falling behind on nationally recognized standards.

ORDER NOW $ 64. But outdated rules from the BWL are the largest obstacles stalling the expansion, he said. There are so many people on our Facebook that complain when we’re not in their area. Installation is underway in Lansing. “When they add to our poles, we get revenue and that helps keep the rates lower for our customers,” Peffley added. Fiber-optic internet from Metronet is available to an estimated 1.5 million people, making it the 10th largest residential fiber provider in the U.S. by coverage area. zoneId = '7'; They answer the phone!!! zoneId = '12'; Lightspeed’s initial goal was to connect the entire city of Lansing. I only hope Lightspeed (Now... horrible place of business. We’re just waiting.”. The practice essentially allows for one contractor — usually paid by the company requesting expansion — to make all of the necessary adjustments without waiting for each individual company to move. Detroit Rising Development plans to lease the building, complete improvements to the existing space and add a second-floor mezzanine. “BWL is our most important partner here. Traditional TV or Streaming? My installer was a pro. “This is just the arrangement that works best. document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r); If we can be more forceful, maybe we should. Opening Hours. I got Lightspeed almost as soon as they began offering it. i called and set up an installation for service, then decided a few days later not to go with this service. 100% Fiber Advantage. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. console.log("Calling zone: " + zoneId); New Internet lines — regardless of the service provider — need to be installed along every city street before service can be connected.
}else{ Check the speed and performance of your Internet connection. Kyle Kaminski. Sometimes lines need to be moved up or down a few inches to bring them into compliance with regulatory codes. document.write (document.charset ? The speed is as advertised. But in Michigan, where telecommunications are regulated at the state level, the FCC’s vote can only offer guidance. Couldn't be happier about my decision. And here’s where the trouble begins for Lightspeed, Schreiber said. But he hasn’t heard any complaints from any other companies, so he hasn’t placed the issue at the top of his priority list, he said. if( width > 480 ){ } “Admittedly, this is new territory for BWL,” Schreiber explained. document.write (document.charset ?

We can look into that, but I don’t want to get sued by every other utility on those poles.”. 'https://citypulsebanners.creativecirclemedia.com/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://citypulsebanners.creativecirclemedia.com/www/delivery/ajs.php'); zoneId = '16'; if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ','; Outside of my work, I can mainly be found playing guitar and wasting my money on sushi. “Sometimes when the government implements rules, nobody gets what they want,” Schoen suggested. “We want to work with BWL and hopefully change some of these policies,” Schreiber added. document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r); “I don’t think there have been any active attempts to restructure how we’re working with BWL,” Schreiber said. “If there are suggestions out there, I’d think we’d want to look into them.”. Fiber Optic Internet . It makes me wince because there is nobody more interested in covering these neighborhoods than I am.”. Full Gig Symmetrical Internet to your home! (517) 371-5600 if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); He suggested a letter from the BWL could encourage companies to respond to the requests in a more timely manner, but he said he has no urgent plans to bring the issue to the board. zoneId = 'Array'; Journalism has been my full-time occupation and passion for several years. What’s stalling fiber Internet in Lansing? ORDER NOW. Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! Dick Peffley, the general manager at BWL, said Lightspeed’s competitors are understandably slow to respond to requests that would ultimately reduce their share of the local telecommunications market. [CDATA[
“We want this too.

Mon: 12am-12am; Tue: 12am … “Sometimes it can be more efficient to interact with each other to accomplish a goal. They own the poles. Where to find us. “Everybody else — like Consumer’s Energy and DTE — is doing this,” Schreiber said. [CDATA[ //]]>-->,