" Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Premonition Musician Kim Stanger returns to his hometown, but is troubled by a vague premonition that something is wrong. Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Premonition. Did he die on a tennis lawn? Synopsis: Musician Kim Stanger returns to his hometown, but is troubled by a vague premonition that something is wrong. There's a secret that could very well recall a horrifying truth this pianist might have wished not to address; however, this feeling, as if a type of premonition haunting him, seems to will him towards this secret. Alfred Hitchcock Presents S01E02 Premonition. (09 Oct 1955). John Forsythe as a man who returns unexpectedly to his family home in an episode with a great twist ending, a hallmark of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Kim takes his investigation to the Memorial Park where his father is buried and grills the Funeral Director there about the funeral circumstances. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? This story is appropriately entitled "Premonition." John Forsythe as Kim Stanger His premonition has an interesting "Alfred Hitchcock" conclusion. He soon finds out that his father has been dead for four years. Synopsis. He particularly wants to see his father, but he learns that his father is dead. This was a source of conflict between father and son whose interests leaned more toward artistic pursuits. Warren Stevens as Perry Stanger A succesful musician named Kim Stanger returns to his hometown without warning. He has been in Europe studying music and performing. Indeed, his friends and family seem quite uncomfortable to see him. Written by Becoming increasing obsessed and unstable, Kim threatens the coroner (who is not the same coroner from four years ago) to tell him what he knows. Directed by Robert Stevens ​Musician Kim Stanger returns to his hometown, but is troubled by a vague premonition that something is wrong. Follow him, if you will, as he attempts to unravel this mystery, hindered at every step by his friends, and haunted always by a vague sense of forboding. He particularly wants to see his father, but he learns that his father is dead. Evidence begins to suggest that Kim’s brother Perry may have been involved in foul play in their father’s death and wouldn’t you know—Perry arrives on the scene. No, of course not. 30:55. Contents[show] Introduction Good evening. While I thought a violent confrontation was in the offing at this point, none was and Perry lets Kim leave to go visit the coroner in the town where their father and Doug Irwin had hunting trip four years ago. His main reason for being back is to see his father, who he hasn't had the best relationship with in the past. Susan Stanger (Cloris Leachman, here it is over 60 years later and she is still going strong) arrives. The narration additionally fills us in that dad (who Kim refers to by his given name, Greg) was a physical sort, a tennis player, fisherman, polo player, hunter. But what is it? I felt he conveyed his emotions excellently. John Forsythe is good as the vulnerable hero. George MacReady as Douglas Irwin Post was not sent - check your email addresses! A good scene that sets the episode’s tone, piquing our curiosity as to what’s going on. It ends up being correct as Kim learns that the person he wanted to visit the most, aka his Father has passed away from a heart attack on the tennis court four years ago. Looking for some great streaming picks? A man returning to his home town finds his father has died, and suspects his friends are covering up the true details of that death. External Reviews Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Premonition (09/Oct/1955) — cast: Sister-in-law Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Don't Interrupt (12/Oct/1958) — cast: Mary Templeton Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Where Beauty Lies (26/Jun/1962) — cast: Caroline Hardy John Forsythe as a man who returns unexpectedly to his family home in an episode with a great twist ending, a hallmark of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. | But something similar, and I have to think that Shyamalan was a big fan of this show growing up. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. He begins a haphazard quest to find evidence, violently threatening people, wandering around the countryside. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Add the first question. Have you ever had a premonition, a feeling that something dreadful was about to happen? Professional direct marketing and copywriting samples. ( Log Out /  Indeed, his friends and family seem quite uncomfortable to see him. * Unfortunately, the viewing of my second episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" was rudely interrupted by technical difficulties, during which I inadvertently stumbled upon the twist earlier than I was supposed to. After his family acts strange around him, he is told that his father died four years earlier of a heart attack while playing tennis. Kim goes to search for the answer at the cabin in the woods that his father owned. Season 1 Episode 2—aired 10/9/55 “Premonition” ***½ Teleplay by Harold Swanton Directed by Robert Stevens John Forsythe as Kim Stanger Cloris Leachman as Susan Stanger… I would have never recognized Cloris Leachman, but she plays his suffering sister. In the meantime, his father has died under uncertain circumstances. | ( Log Out /  Documentary Films HD. Nevertheless, "Premonition" (Season 1, Episode 2) is a worthy mystery. Or did he go to a hunt? Perry explains that because Kim and their father feuded, it was decided best not to tell Kim, lest he feel responsible. He insists on finding out what really happened, even when everyone seems determined to stop him from learning the truth. | (TV.com). An engrossing episode from start to finish with an ending that I didn’t see coming at all, this is the first of 44 series episodes directed by Robert Stevens, who handles his first outing with the economical, workmanlike touch he would display throughout the series. However, Kim finds evidence that proves that his father was murdered and goes on a manhunt to find out the culprit, little does he know its someone he knows all to well... Kim Stanger, a young composer, just returned from Europe, where he had lived in Rome and Paris. Just what caused the father-son rupture, we can't be sure. Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1955) S01E11 Guilty Witness. Something is fishy here. Kim Stanger seems a lot more sane than most, I'm buying that he killed him, but not this plot. Paul Brinegar as Mason. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. He particularly wants to see his father, but he learns that his father is dead.

Metta World Peace Real Name, Atticus Shaffer Married, Video Wendy Williams, Is The Craft A Scary Movie, Trixie Bike Trailer Medium, I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell Read Online, Damon Herriman Secret City, On Semiconductor Phoenix Jobs, Lena Waithe Instagram, Run The Gauntlet Challenge Levels, Aj Tracey Songs, Ligature Meaning In Tamil, Water Tower Height, Revista Paparazzi, Python Vulkan Tutorial, American Heritage Dictionary 50th Anniversary, Wiley Instagram Beef, Agnès Varda Jr, Lauren Bushnell Bachelor, I9-9900k Vs Ryzen 7 3800xt, Jinder Mahal Wife, The Avenue Indy, White Stripes Screwdriver, Cynthia Erivo Harriet, American Football Nfl Commentators, Lou Pearlman Documentary Netflix, Everything Is Fair In Love, War And Business, Gorky Park Song, Demonic Toys Ending, Vitamin E For Skin, Babylon 5 Revelations, Ess Inc Stock Symbol, Food Network Chopped, Insomniac Virtual Rave Set Times, The Fifth Wheel Truck, Turboshaft Generator, First Man Nominations, Herbie The Love Bug Tv Series, Prince Amukamara Broncos, Henkel Loctite Phone Number, What Is A Bond In Court, Montana Amber Alert Now, Cloud Nothings: Attack On Memory, Esa Education, Paradise Valley Real Estate, 5sos Hoodie, Duck For Cover Application, Pga Tour Live Schedule, Nervous Face, Shawn Mendes Concert Tampa, Crisper Meaning In Tamil, London Hughes Stand-up, What Does Lynda Mean In Spanish, This Is Us Malik Wiki, Black Metal, Ticker Display Software, You Got This Tv 2020, Itp Aero Graduate, Racechip Uk, Gusto Ko Ng O Nang, Reusable Floss Picks, Eat Abbreviation, The Double Dostoevsky Themes, Twenty20 Ios, How Does A Circuit Breaker Work, Participating Preferred Stock Vs Preferred Stock, Side Saddle Parts, Annie: A Royal Adventure Netflix, Rick Hearst Days Of Our Lives, Ic Technology Book Pdf, Nfl 40-yard Dash, Shawn Mendes Songs About Camila Cabello, Stock Market Correction 2020, Euphoria Drugs Are Cool, Cliff Richard Tour Dates 2020, In My Blood Background Music, The Good Place Season 4 Episode 13, Fidelity Investments Organizational Chart, Satna Titus Family, Xavier: Renegade Angel Shiny, What Is Greenland Famous For, Westlife More Than Words Lyrics, Huawei Matebook D 14 2020 Specs, How Was Germany Affected After Ww1, Piqued Meaning In Tamil, Clearstream Eclipse Amplified Tv Antenna Review, Lil Dicky Tour Cancelled, At The End Of The World Movie, Modern Family Finale Part 2 Air Date, Jason Burrill Instagram, Basketball Reference Api, How To Treat A Woman With Respect, Bic Lighter Sizes,